Thatch Finials are the distinctive ornament at the apex of a roof. The Thatch Advice Centre have noticed a recent upsurge in their use. Often thought to be the trademark of an individual thatcher, thatch finials are now, more often than not, related to the request of the property owner. We even know of two pilots requesting the tail of a bye-plane to be made to put on their roof!!
Send us your Thatch Finial Fun pictures
The Thatch Finial Fun picture competition has arrived.
Let’s see all of your great and unique thatched cottages with their finials.
- Have you got a finial on your thatched roof?
- Or have you taken picture of a gorgeous thatched cottage complete with its straw animal or object adorning the top?
- Maybe there is more than one finial, depicting a scene?
We would love for you to enter our competition.
How the competition will work
Send us up to 4 pictures of thatch finials to email@example.com.
We will put all your Thatch Final Fun pictures into a folder and, at the close, a winner will be drawn at random from all those entries to receive a £20 gift voucher.
Any pictures submitted may, in future, be used by the Thatch Advice Centre – copyrighted by us and credited to you, if you wish. Great for promoting your business, thatcher, photography or just yourself. We may even decide to do a gallery on our website.
Why you should enter the Thatch Finial Fun picture competition
- Potential to:Have the chance of winning a £20 gift voucher just by emailing a picture.
- Showcase your ability to take an amazing picture.
- Showcase your work as a Master Thatcher – and be credited for it. Free promotion of your business.
- Showcase your gorgeous home.
- Showcase your thatcher’s work.
- Showcase your business – you can be credited for the picture as your business.
- Join in a fun competition.
- Increase your chances of winning by entering up to four different photos (if you can’t decide on your favourite).
So get out those cameras or mobile phones and email us some fabulous Thatch Finial Fun pictures.
Thatch Finial Fun Picture Competition Rules 2020
- The subject for the Thatch Advice Centre Picture Competition is ‘Thatch Finial Fun.’
- Entrants can submit up to four photosvia email to be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Each entry should be marked with name, address, postcode and contact telephone number. Only entries received by email (along with entrant name, address, postcode and telephone number) will be validated.
- The competition closes at midnight on 1st September 2020
- The Winner will be chosen at random from all valid entries.
- All entries must be the original work of the entrant and must not infringe the rights of any other party. The entrant must be the sole owner of copyright in all photographs entered and must have obtained permission of any people featured in the entries or their parents/guardians if children under 16 are featured. Further, entrants must not have breached any laws when taking their photographs.
- Pictures may be used by the Thatch Advice Centre and subject to Thatch Advice Centre © copyright, but will be credited to the entrant unless requested otherwise.
- By entering, entrants will be deemed to have agreed to be bound by these rules.
- The Thatch Advice Centre reserves the right to cancel this competition or alter any of the rules at any stage, if deemed necessary in its opinion, and if circumstances arise outside of its control.
- If the winner is unable to be contacted after reasonable attempts have been made, the Thatch Advice Centre reserves the right to offer the prize to another entrant.