2. Accessing the Site
- We cannot guarantee that the Site will operate continuously or without interruptions or be error-free. You must not attempt to interfere with the proper working of the Site and, in particular, you must not attempt to circumvent security, tamper with, hack into, or otherwise disrupt the Site or any computer system, server, router or any other internet-connected device.
- You are responsible for ensuring that your computer system meets all relevant technical specifications necessary to use the Site and is compatible with the Site. You also understand that we cannot and do not guarantee or warrant that any content of the Site will be free from infection, viruses and/or other code that has contaminating or destructive properties. You are responsible for implementing sufficient procedures and virus checks (including anti-virus and other security checks) to satisfy your particular requirements for the safety and reliability of data input and output.
- We reserve the right, in our discretion, to withdraw, suspend or modify the Site or certain features or parts of the Site with or without notice to you, where we have reason to do so. There may also be times when the Site or certain features or parts of the Site become unavailable, whether on a scheduled or unscheduled basis. You agree that we will not be liable to you or to any third party for any withdrawal, modification, unavailability, suspension or discontinuance of the Site or any service available on or through the Site.
3. Using the Site
- You must use the Site and the information available from the Site responsibly. No such information may be used for or in connection with any unlawful, immoral or anti-social purpose, or in a manner which is or may be damaging to our name or reputation or prejudicial to any of the featured sites or properties, their owners or occupants.
- The Site is designed to meet the needs of a wide range of users wishing to interrogate the information online. Due to limitations of IT equipment and bandwidth, the Site is not intended to be a source for bulk downloads. Accordingly, users, IP addresses or blocks of IP addresses who deny or degrade service to other users by generating unusually high numbers of database accesses, whether generated manually or by automated means, may be denied access to the Site’s services without notice.
4. Accuracy of information
- We will use reasonable endeavours to ensure that information on the Site is accurate, but material included on the Site is not intended to amount to advice or authority on which reliance should be placed. In particular, the information from local authority Historic Environment Records that is available on the Site should not be used by itself as the basis for planning or other management advice or recommendations. In all cases, the relevant Historic Environment Record should be contacted first to obtain additional relevant information and advice.
- We make no representation or warranty as to the accuracy, completeness, currency, correctness, reliability, quality or originality of any material and, to the fullest extent permitted by law, we accept no liability for any loss or damage caused by any reliance placed on such material by you or anyone to whom you communicate any information gained from such material.
- We cannot guarantee that all database resources (whether those of the Thatch Advice Centre or third party organisations) which usually feed the searches conducted on the Site will always be available to our search engine at the time you conduct your search. Search results should not be taken to be an exhaustive or definitive enquiry of the resources.
- If you find any inaccurate information on the Site, please tell the relevant third party organisation (in the case of third party database resources) or let us know (if the inaccuracy is with a the Thatch Advice Centre database resource).
5. Intellectual property rights
- All content on the Site including but not limited to images, text, software and graphics is protected by copyright. We, or our licensors, own copyright and/or database rights in the selection, coordination, arrangement and enhancement of such content, as well as in the original content. The Thatch Advice Centre and the the Thatch Advice Centre logo are trademarks of the Thatch Advice Centre.
6. Links to this and other websites
- We may provide hyperlinks from the Site to other internet sites which are operated by other organisations. We are not responsible for external websites that link to the Site or which are linked from it. That we include these hyperlinks does not imply any endorsement of the material on such sites or any association with their operators.
- We reserve the right, at our discretion, to prohibit any link from another internet site to materials or information on the Site. Without prejudice to that right, if you wish to link to the Site, you may only do so on the basis that you link to, but do not replicate, the home page of the Site, and subject to the following conditions:
- the link is neither misleading nor deceptive and must fairly indicate the Site as the destination of the link;
- you do not remove, distort or otherwise alter the size or appearance of our logo;
- you do not create a frame or any other browser or border environment around the Site;
- you do not in any way imply that we endorse any products or services other than our own;
- you do not misrepresent your relationship with us nor present any other false or misleading information about us;
- you do not otherwise use any of the trade marks displayed on the Site without our express written permission;
- you do not link from a website that is not owned by you; and
- any website from which you link to the Site does not contain any content that is distasteful, offensive or controversial, infringes any intellectual property rights or other rights of any other person or otherwise does not comply with all applicable laws and regulations.
7. Our liability
- Although we hope the Site will be of interest to users, we accept no liability and offer no warranties or conditions in relation to the Site or its content, to the fullest extent such liability can be excluded by law.
- We do not restrict any liability of ours that cannot, under English law, be limited or excluded.
9. How to contact us
If you experience problems with the Site or would like to comment on it, please feel free to contact us by email at email@example.com
For general enquiries, please feel free to contact us in either of the following ways:
by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
by writing to us at:
Thatch Advice Centre,
2 Trotts Lane,