External fire prevention considerations for thatch
- Do not light bonfires, barbeques, discharge fireworks or Chinese lanterns where there is a risk that sparks or debris could land on the thatch.
- Never be tempted to speed things up by adding lighter fuel, paraffin diesel or petrol.
- Make sure that your neighbours are aware of the potential dangers of Bonfires, Fireworks and Chinese lanterns and the risks they pose to your thatched property.
Outside the property
- Provide an outside tap with a hose connected, lagged against the frost.
- For the fire service, be aware of the nearest hydrant or potential source of water eg pond or river.
- Don’t have halogen security lights close to the thatch as they get very hot.
error: Content is protected !!