We are pleased to launch our “Thatch and Gardens Picture Competition”
After such wonderful weather this summer and we have noticed a lot of gorgeous gardens which, with thatched buildings, look fabulous so it was an easy choice for our next picture competition. It may be a lovely flower (and thatch), lots of flowers (and thatch), a vegetable patch (and thatch) or what about a garden with a thatched building or even a garden with a thatched bird table! …… there are so many options.
This idea came from our successful Thatch Finial Fun Picture competition and the rules are almost the same, except for the judging and end date! See below.
How to enter
One of the Thatch Advice Centre aims is to promote thatch. Pictures of beautiful thatch and gardens is a great way to do it. We will probably do a gallery, as we did with the finials. Then everyone’s pictures can be showcased and those who want to be credited have the added opportunity to be promoted. E.g. if you are a thatcher, gardener, photographer or just a happy snapper!
We may use any pictures entered but rest assured they will be copyrighted by us and credited to you, if you wish. This gives you the opportunity to promote your business, your master thatcher, your photography or just yourself.
Enter the competition
Lots of great reasons to enter:-
- Winner gets a £20 gift voucher
- Exhibit your:
- Photography skills
- Gardening skills
- Thatching skills
- Join in a fun competition with other thatch enthusiasts
- Four chances to win
Just get out your mobile phone, digital camera or professional camera equipment and get snapping.
- The subject for this Thatch Advice Centre Picture Competition is ‘Thatch and Gardens’
- A maximum of four photos can be entered via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Each entry should include your name, address, postcode and contact telephone number. Only entries received by email (along with entrant name, address, postcode and telephone number) will be valid.
- Midnight on 1stSeptember 2021 is the closing date.
- The Winner will be chosen by an independent judge, from all valid entries.
- All entries must be the original work of the entrant and must not infringe the rights of any other party. The entrant must be the sole owner of copyright in all photographs entered and must have obtained permission of any people featured in the entries or their parents/guardians if children under 16 are featured. Further, entrants must not have breached any laws when taking their photographs.
- The Thatch Advice Centre may use the pictures and them be subject to Thatch Advice Centre © copyright, but will be credited to the entrant unless requested otherwise.
- By entering, entrants will be deemed to have agreed to be bound by these rules.
- The Thatch Advice Centre reserves the right to cancel this competition or alter any of the rules at any stage, if deemed necessary in its opinion, and if circumstances arise outside of its control.
- If the Thatch Advice Centre “Thatch and Gardens Picture Competition” winner is unable to be contacted after reasonable attempts have been made, we reserve the right to offer the prize to another entrant.
Good luck to you all in anticipation of some great pictures.
The Winner will be posted on this page in 2021.