One Day Course – Conservation of Traditional Thatch
Wednesday May 17th 2017 – East of England Showground, Peterborough
We are pleased to have been asked to promote the above seminar event. Historic England in conjunction with East Midlands Master Thatchers Association and the Institute of Historic Building Conservation are offering this one day traditional thatch course. This is being held in The Northampton Suite, East of England Showground, Peterborough, PE2 6XE. Conservation of Traditional Thatch Course will be of interest to those owning and responsible for the maintenance and repair of thatch buildings.
There will be presentations from thatchers, Historic England, Conservation of Traditional Thatch Group and the Fire Protection Association along with demonstrations of the three main thatch types.
The anticipated programme also includes:-
- Archaeological and documentary evidence contributing to the understanding of historic thatch and thatching in England
- The contribution that historic thatch makes to the significance of historic buildings
- The factors contributing to the deterioration of thatch
- Repair of traditional thatch
- Issues relating to applications for listed building consent for re-thatching of listed buildings
- An update of the current Historic England research into the causes of fires in thatched buildings.
The Thatch Advice Centre, as you all know, have already been very active in promoting the latter already.
This day should be of interest to many people, from thatchers to conservation officers and other building conservation professionals.
The costs is £40 plus VAT for IHBC members and £60 plus VAT for non-members including lunch and refreshments
We hope to see as many of you there as possible, understanding and improving the future for historic thatched buildings.